1. Help Ss grasp the 4---skill words: every, flag.
2. Help Ss read, say and understand the words : souvenir, expensive, cheap, cost, surprise, dollar, kilo=1000 metres.
3. Help Ss grasp the patterns: How many…?...
4. Help Ss review the patterns: How far is it …?It’s about …./ How much …? … /
How do/does …? …
Key---points: Help each S grasp the 4---skill words.
Difficult---points: Enable Ss to the patterns fluently and correctly.
Teaching aids: Recorder, CAI,ect.
Teaching methods: Object teaching, task teaching
Step 1. Class Opening & Review
1. Greet to the Ss
2. Chant “ Near,Far”.
3. Everyday English:
T: How far is it to the school?
S1:It’s about ….
T: How do you go to school?
T: How far is it to the KFC？
T: How do you go there?
T: How far is it to your grandpa?
S3: It’s about…
T: How do you go there?
T: How far is it to your father ( office)?
T: how does your father go to work?
Step 2 Presentation
Task1: 1 How far is it to the store?
2 How do Li Ming and Jenny go?
1. T: Who is it?( point to Li Ming’s picture)
Ss: It’s Li Ming.( or Li Ming)
T: Where is he now? In China or in Canada?
Ss: In Canada.
T: Yes, he is in Canada. Now Li Ming and Jenny want to go out. Let’s look at the map. Is it near or far to the park ?
T; Would you like to help Li Ming and Jenny ?
T: OK. Please discuss and help them how they go there . Finish your chart1,please.( or finish the chart ,together. If it is better for Ss.)
2 Check up the chart.
3 T: Now let’s listen and see. Where do they go ？ And how do they go there ?( play CAI ,Student Book Part 1.for one time)
T: Where do they go ？
Ｓ5: They go to the store.
T: How do they go there ? Guess , please. ( Play CAI for the second time. Then write on the Bb.)
Task 2: 1) Teach the new words: every , flag
2) How many …? …
How much …? …
1. T: Now they go to the store( by bus )( as the result of the discussing.) Look, what is it ?
Ss: Flag or 旗.
T: Yes, it’s a flag. Follow me, please. ( teach “flag” and write it on the Bb)
I have some flags. Do you like it ? (ask a girl)
T: OK. Here you are. ( give four girls four flags)
Now she has a flag. She has a flag , too. Every girl has a flag . ( write the sentence on the Bb and give more examples to the Ss.)
Eg: Every boy has a flag. Every girl has a book. Every boy has a pencil.
Please look at the pictures. Let’s do it together.( play CAI to practice “ every”)
2. T: How many flags in the picture? ( point to the CAI)
T: How much is a flag?
S7: One yuan.
T: How much are two flags?
S7: Two yuan.
T: How many apples?
T: How much are they?
S8: Twelve dollars. ( explaine “dollar” to Ss)
3 T plays the CAI to practice “ How many…?/ How much …?”
4. T plays CAI ,Ss listen and do exercices.
1) T: In the store, Li Ming wants to buy gifts for his family. Listen and finish chart 2.
2) Check up the chart 2 .
Step 3. Consolidation & Extension
1. T plays CAI and Ss do.
2. Homework: Finish Activity Book: Lesson 25
Step 4. Class Closing
T: Time is up. How fast! I will buy some gifts for my daughter and my husband. Would you like to help me?
T: Thank you. I have to say goodbye!