Step 1 Story Time
1. Ask the students to look at the pictures first and talk with them about the pictures. Then look and read the story and try to master the main idea of the story. Then choose some of the pupils to say the main idea they have mastered.
2. Read and judge: Read the sentences and say if the statements are True or False.
1) The lion was friendly with those small animals in the forest.
2) The lion tried hard to catch the bulls.
3) The lion caught the bulls ‘cos they had a quarrel.
4) The story tells us the lion is stronger than the bulls.
Step 2 Did You Know?
1. Enjoy the film: An Eagle and an Arrow
2. List some popular fables and stories from different countries. Let the pupils try their best to know their Chinese names . Read and match..
3. Question: Do you know more fables or stories?
Step 3 Homework
1. Bring some story books to the classroom and share them with your classmates.
2. Act out the dialogue ‘The Lion and the Mouse’ with your partner.